PHENOTYPIC CONSOLIDATION DAUGHTERS OF BULL-SIRES ESTIMATED BY THE METHOD OF LINEAR CLASSIFICA-TION
The aim of our research was to determine the degree of phenotypic consolidation coefficients of bull-sires daughters in the Sumy intra-breed type of Ukrainian Black-and-White dairy breed, estimated by linear traits that characterize the conformation type of cows. The experimental base of research was information on the linear classification of first-calf cows of Sumy intra-breed type of Ukrainian Black-and-White dairy breed in the PE "Burynske" breeding farm in Pidlisnivskyi department of Sumy district. The estimation of the first-calf cows by type was carried out using the method of linear classification by two systems: 9-point, with a linear description of 18 conformation traits and 100-point including four complexes of breeding traits that characterize: dairy type, body, limbs and udder. The coefficients of phenotypic consolidation (K1 and K2) cows of selection groups for linear traits of the conformation were determined according to formulas proposed by Yu. P. Polupan (2005). The level of phenotypic consolidation daughters of bull-sires estimated by group conformation traits indicated that regardless of the origin, phenotypic consolidation coefficients by overall type assessment had a positive value with a wide variability of coefficient K1 from 0.056 to 0.512 and coefficient K2– from 0.065 to 0.505. Among all estimated by phenotypic consolidation bulls, less consolidated by group linear traits were found sires of Ukrainian Black-and-White dairy breed – Motuzok and Front. Among sires of Holstein breed the best by group traits and overall assessment of the type were: V. Delight (K1 = 0.242-0.334; K2 = 0.247-0.349); D. Capris (K1 = 0.085-0.341; K2 = 0.089-0.348) and Hayes (K1 = 0.071-0.375; K2 = 0.082-0.370). From the sires of Ukrainian Black-and-White dairy breed the Iceberg was the best (К1 = 0.059-0.478; К2 = 0.047-0.472). Magnitude of the degree phenotypic consolidation of descriptive traits of linear estimation daughters of bull-sires, regardless of origin, differed significantly by higher variability in comparison with group traits. Coefficients of phenotypic consolidation calculated by the formula K1, varied according to the bull-sires assessment from -0.434 (teats length of Iceberg daughters) to 0.504 (rump angle of Milliam daughters). The higher variability of phenotypic consolidation coefficients was revealed according to the formula K2, whose level varied from -0.571 (udder depth of Lyubimy's daughters) to 0.546 (angularity of Milliam daughters). By the coefficients of phenotypic consolidation of descriptive traits K1 and K2, there wasn't found no one bull-sire only with positive values. The most consolidated for overwhelming majority of descriptive traits were the bulls-sires of Holstein breed – Lauer, Toprate and Milliam. The highest consolidation of descriptive traits had all daughters of bulls by angularity with the highest number of positive values of coefficients. The presence of a genetic influence of bull-sires on the degree of phenotypic consolidation of the majority of linear traits of daughters with a significant advantage of Holstein producers was established.
2. Boyko, Yu. M. 2011. Fenotypova konsolidatsiya liniy ukrayins'koyi buroyi molochnoyi porody za oznakamy dovichnoho vykorystannya [Phenotypic consolidation of lines of Ukrainian Brown dairy breed by traits of longevity use]. Visnyk Sums'koho NAU. Seriya: “Tvarynnytstvo”. Sumy, no. 7(18), pp. 101–103.
3. Ivanov, I. A. and Malenivs'ka, S. P., 2012. Prohnozuvannya dovichnoyi molochnoyi produktyvnosti koriv ukrayins'koyi chorno-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody [Prediction of lifetime milk productivity of cows of Ukrainian Black-and-White dairy breed]. Suchasni problemy selektsiyi, rozvedennya ta hihiyeny tvaryn : zb. nauk. prats' Vinnyts'koho NAU. Vinnytsya, no. 5(67), pp. 111–114.
4. Kohut, M. I. 2014. Otsinka buhayiv-plidnykiv za typom budovy tila yikh dochok [Estimation of sires by body type of their daughters]. Peredhirne ta hirs'ke zemlerobstvo i tvarynnytstvo. L'viv, no. 56(2), pp. 144–149.
5. Merkur'eva, E. K. 1977. Geneticheskie osnovy selektsii v skotovodstve [Genetic Principles of the selection in livestock]. M.: Kolos.
6. Khmel'nychyi, L. M., Ladyka, V. I. Polupan, Yu. P. and Salohub, A. M., 2008. Metodyka liniynoyi klasyfikatsiyi koriv molochnykh i molochno-m’yasnykh porid za typom [The method of linear classification cows of dairy and dairy-beef breeds by type]. Sumy: “Mriya–1”, 28.
7. Pelekhatyy, M. S. and Kochuk-Yashchenko, O. A., 2014. Vplyv henotypu koriv-pervistok ukrayins'koyi chorno-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody na yikh ekster"yernyy typ, molochnu produktyvnist' i vidtvornu zdatnist' [The genotype influence of cows first-calf Ukrainian Black-and-White dairy breed on their conformation type, milk production and reproductive ability]. Nauk. visn. L'vivs'koho nats. un-tu vet. medytsyny ta biotekhnolohiy im. S. Z. Hzhyts'koho, no. 16(3), pp. 143–158.
8. Polupan, Yu. P. 2000. Otsinka buhayiv za typom dochok [Estimation of sires according to the type of daughters]. Visnyk ahrarnoyi nauky, no. 5, pp. 45–49.
9. Polupan, Yu. P. 2005. Metody vyznachennya stupenya fenotypnoyi konsolidatsiyi selektsiynykh hrup tvaryn [Methods for determining the degree of phenotypic consolidation of animals breeding group]. Metodyky naukovykh doslidzhen' zi selektsiyi, henetyky i biotekhnolohiyi u tvarynnytstvi. K.: Ahrarna nauka, pp. 52–61.
10. Polupan, Yu. P. 1996. Otsenka stepeni fenotipicheskoy konsolidatsii genealogicheskikh grupp zhivotnykh [Assessment of the degree of phenotypic consolidation genealogical groups of animals]. Zootekhniya, no. 10, pp. 13–15.
11. Ladyka, V. I., Khmel'nychyi, L. M., Burkat, V. P. and Ruban, S. Yu., 2010. Reyestratsiya ICAR. Dovidnyk [Registration ICAR. Reference book]. Sumy: Sums'kyy Natsional'nyy Ahrarnyy Universytet. 457.
12. Stolyar, Zh. V., 2014. Fenotypova konsolidatsiya hrup koriv riznykh typiv konstytutsiyi [Phenotypic consolidate of cows groups of different types of constitution]. Rozvedennya i henetyka tvaryn: mizhvid. temat. nauk. zb. K.: Ahrarna nauka, no. 48, pp. 129–136.
13. Khmel'nychyy, L. M., 2007. Otsinka ekster"yeru tvaryn v systemi selektsiyi molochnoyi khudoby : monohrafiya [Estimation of animals conformation in the breeding system of dairy cattle : monograph]. Sumy: “Mriya–1”.
14. Khmel'nychyy, L. M., 2006. Fenotypova konsolidatsiya selektsiynykh hrup tvaryn ukrayins'koyi chervono-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody za ekster"yernym typom [Phenotypic consolidation of breeding groups of animals of Ukrainian Red-and-White dairy breed by conformation type]. Visnyk Cherkas'koho instytutu APV. Cherkasy, no. 6, pp. 101–115.
15. Khmel'nychyy, S. L., 2017. Estimation of the conformation of animals of Sumy intrabreed type of Ukrainian Black-and-White dairy breed. Ph.D. Thesis. Institute of Animal Breeding and Genetics NAAS.