Evaluation of high-silk lines of of silkworm (Bombyx Mori L.) for viability and productivity
The article presents the results of studies of high-silk high-inbred lines of silkworm Bombyx mori L. G2, G4, G6 and G7 in terms of viability and productivity to obtain high quality insect biomaterial. Selective lines are of interest for study due to high silkiness and high inbreeding, as they were subject to constant rigorous selection by selection indices for silkiness and silk weight for eleven generations with individual selection of pairs for crossing. It is selection techniques that can increase the efficiency of insect production to meet the needs of modern high-tech areas. Comparative evaluation of high-silk high-inbred lines in terms of viability and productivity showed that the set of biological and technological indicators as the best were the lines G6 and G7. With the best indicators of viability of caterpillars in spring feeding 88.25 ± 2.387% (p≤0.001), the yield of varietal cocoons 3.08 ± 0.113 kg and the percentage of varietal cocoons 84.47 ± 1.995% was dominated by line G7, which was selected for the study of caterpillars stages and formation of cocoons. According to the results of summer feeding was selected as the best - line G6, which had the highest viability of caterpillars (71.8 ± 4.18%) and its direct hybrids with other lines, which had consistently high rates in the range of 79.8-83, 1%. Reciprocal combinations of the G6 line with G2 and G7 also had high caterpillar viability (79.14 and 78.98%, respectively). This indicates a high specific combination ability of the line on the indicator under study, which is the basis for research work on this selective feature. The development of high-quality biomaterial of silkworm helps to expand the possibilities of its use in various fields. In pharmacology and medicine, as a source of chitosan, in the environmental sphere, as a test object of bioindication research, in animal husbandry, as a valuable feed resource. Traditional areas of its use, in particular as a producer of natural silk, remain relevant.
2. Braslavskij M.E., Golovko V.A. and Zlotin A.Z., 2002. Selekcija tutovogo shelkoprjada v Ukraine (dostizhenija, problemy i perspektivy) [Silkworm breeding in Ukraine (achievements, problems and prospects)] Har'kov, 280 p.
3. Voroshilov N.V., 1979. Metodicheskie ukazanija po principam selekcii jentomofagov [Methodological guidelines on the principles of entomophage artificial selection] Leningrad: VNII Zashchiti rasteniy, 22 p.
4. Vohidova N.R. and Rashidova S.Sh., 2016. Polimer metallicheskie sistemy hitozana Bombyx mori [Bombyx mori chitosan polymer metal systems] Akademya nauk Respubliki Uzbekistan, Institut himii i fiziki polimerov, Ministerstvo vysshego i srednego special'nogo obrazovanija Respubliki Uzbekistan Tashkent : Fan, 128 p.
5. Dospehov B.A., 2012. Metodika polevogo opyta (s osnovami statisticheskoj obrabotki rezul'tatov issledovanij) [Field experiment technique (with the basics of statistical processing of research results)] Moskva : Kniga po Trebovaniju, 352 p.
6. Zlotin A.Z., 1989. Tehnicheskaja jentomologija : spravochnoe posobie [Technical entomology: a reference book] Kiev : Naukova dumka, 183 p.
7. Zlotin O.Z. and Markina T.Yu., 2014. Bioindykatsiia stanu pryrodnoho seredovyshcha. [Bioindication of the state of the natural environment.] Navchalnyi posibnyk dlia studentiv vyshchykh navchalnykh zakladiv. Kharkiv : KhNPU imeni H.S. Skovorody, 114 p. (In Ukrainian).
8. Ivanushko L.A., Solov'eva T.F., Zaporozhec T.S., Somova L. M. and Gorbach V.I., 2009. Antibakterial'nye i antitoksicheskie svojstva hitozana i ego proizvodnyh [Antibacterial and antitoxic properties of chitosan and its derivatives] Tihookeanskij medicinskij zhurnal. Vladivostok. issue 3, pp. 82-85.
9. Markina T.Ju., 2019. Gomeostaticheskie svojstva iskusstvennyh populjacij nasekomyh i sposoby upravlenija ih sostojaniem : monografija [Homeostatic properties of artificial insect populations and methods of controlling their state] Har'kov : Planeta-Print, 380 p.
10. Milusheva R.Ju., Pirnijazov K.K. and Rashidova S.Sh., 2016. Ochistka hitozana Bombyx Mori. [Purification of Bombyx Mori Chitosan] Vestnik Tverskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Serija «Himija». issue 2. pp. 119-124.
11. Rashidova S.Sh. and Milusheva R.Ju., 2009. Hitin i hitozan Bombyx mori. Sintez, svojstva i primenenie [Chitin and chitosan Bombyx mori. Synthesis, properties and application] Tashkent, 246 p.
12. Rokickij P.F., 1978. Vvedenie v statisticheskuju genetiku [An introduction to statistical genetics] Minsk: Vyshjejshaja shkola, 448 p.
13. Skrjabin K.G, Mihajlov S.N. and Varlamov V.P., 2013. Hitozan [Chitosan.] Moskva : Centr «Bioinzhenerija» 18 p.
14. Skrjabin K.G., Vihoreva G.A. and Varlamov V.P., 2002. Hitin i hitozan: Poluchenie, svojstva i primenenie [Chitin and chitosan: Production, properties and application] Moskva : Nauka, 360 p.
15. Tamarina N.A., 1990. Osnovy tehnicheskoj jentomologii [Fundamentals of technical entomology] Moskva : MGU, 204 p.
16. Shukurov I.B., Shukurova V.I., Shukurova S.I., and Sulejmanov S.F., 2012. Issledovanie mehanizma dejstvija hitozana pri lechenii termiheskih ozhogov [Study of the mechanism of action of chitosan in the treatment of thermal burns] Visnyk problem biolohii i medytsyny. Poltava. issue 1 (91), pp. 191-193.
17. Ghosh S., Haldar P. and Mandal D. K. Suitable food plants for mass rearing of the short-horn grasshopper Oxya hyla hyla (Orthoptera: Acrididae). European Journal of Entomology. 2014. Vol. 111, №3. pp. 448-452.
18. Manni L., Ghorbel-Bellaaj O., Jellouli K., Younes I., and Nasri M., 2010. Extraction and characterization of chitin, chitosan, and protein hydrolysates prepared from shrimp waste by treatment with crude protease from Bacillus cereus SV1. Appl. Biochem. Biotechnol. 162:345-357. DOI: 10.1007/s12010-009-8846-y
19. Morales-Ramos Juan A., Guadalupe Rojas M. and Shapiro-Ilan David I. (Eds.), 2013. Mass Production of Beneficial Organisms, Invertebrates and Entomopathogens. Academic Press. 764 p.
20. Raubenheimer D. and Rothman J. М., 2013. Nutritional Ecology of Entomophagy in Humans and Other Primates Annu. Rev. Entomol. Vol. 58, pp. 141-160.
21. Vokhidova N. R., Sattarov M. E., Kareva N. D. and Rashidova S. Sh., 2014. Fungicide Features of the Nanosystems of Silkworm (Bombyx mori) Chitosan with Copper Ions. Microbiology, Vol. 83, issue 6, pp. 751-753 DOI: 10.1134/S0026261714060204