Influence of primary selection factors on working quality accompanying dogs
During the research, the materials of the reports of competitions on applied types of dog training under the national program "Vidsich" of the All-Ukrainian public organization "Ukrainian Kennel Union" for 2019-2020 were studied. protective work, reaction to treats and the sound of an arrow, as well as the subordination and controllability of dogs. Studies have shown that the best results in competitions are shown by dobermans (33.4 ± 2.20 points) and german shepherds (32.42 ± 0.70 points). According to the morphological type of the breed, it is recommended to select shepherds (31.38 ± 0.65 points) and pinschers and schnauzers (32.78 ± 2.19 points) for training dogs, which are statically probable according to the average assessment of working qualities (P≥0, 99-0,999) exceed the performance of molossus. It has been proven that sexual dimorphism does not affect the dog's ability to develop and apply protection skills in the real situation under the program "Accompanying dog". However, the affiliation of the animal to a certain breed (= 0.1693 ± 0.033), its morphological type ( = 0.073 ± 0.013) and the age at the time of the tests ( = 0.1113 ± 0.031) are statistically probable (P≥0.99- 0.999) the impact on the performance of dogs. During the analysis of age variability of evaluation of dogs in competitions, it is possible to conclude that for successful demonstration of animal protection skills from the studied course it is important not only to develop certain instrumental reflexes in the training process, but also to accumulate animal experience in conflict situations. the basis of maturation and strengthening of natural instincts. Therefore, it is recommended to increase the age of animals to participate in competitions and trials under the studied program of training protective dogs.
2. Vysotskyi V. B., 2017. "Vidsich" -ukrainskyi shliakh u robochomu sobakivnytstvi ["Vidsich" - ukrainian way in working dog breeding]. Club Dogs, issue 1 (16), pp. 66–71.
3. Vysotskyi V. B., 2001. Sobaka soprovozhdenyia [Accompanying dog]. M.: AST.
4. Haiduk S. V., 2017. Osnovy dresyruvannia, hihiieny ta hodivli sluzhbovykh sobak [Basics of training, hygiene and feeding of service dogs]. K.:Interservis.
5. Diuet K. F.,1997. K-9 - sobaka dlia okhrany y zashchyty sobstvennosty y byznesa [K-9 - dog for guarding and protecting property and business] M.: Tsentrpolyhraf.
6. The history of the development of service dog breeding. Availabe at:
7. Kozoriz D., 2018. Dekilka sliv pro ahresiiu [A few words about aggression]. Club Dogs, issue 3 (21), pp. 162–167.
8. Lebedev V. Y., 1908. Polytseiskaia storozhevaia sobaka [Police guard dog]. Sankt-Peterburh: Yzdanye Rossyiskoho obshchestva pooshchrenyia prymenenyia sobak k polytseiskoi y storozhevoi sluzhbe.
9. Merkureva H. N. and Shanhyn-Berezovskyi E. K., 1983. Henetyka s osnovamy byometryy [Genetics with the basics of biometrics]. M.: Kolos.
10. Methodical instructions on preparation of dogs on a complex of security and protective programs «Vidsich» available at:
11. Nahorichna O. S., Berezhniuk I. H. and Punda O. O., 2015. Kinolohichne zabezpechennia Derzhavnoi fiskalnoi sluzhby Ukrainy [Cynological support of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine]. Khmelnytskyi: FOP Melnyk A. A.
12. Pavlenko K., 2018. Ne lamatysia, oberaty metu y dosiahaty yii [Do not break, choose a goal and achieve it.]. Club Dogs, issue 3 (21), pp. 122–127.
13. Regulations of the All-Ukrainian public organization " Ukrainian Kennel Union " "On the procedure for conducting tests and competitions under the program "Accompanying dog"". Available at:
14. Fatyn D. A., 2008. Sobaky spetsyalnoho naznachenyia: rassekrechenye metodyky podhotovky okhrannykh sobak [Special Purpose Dogs: Declassified Methods of Training Guard Dogs]. M.: Tsentrpolyhraf.
15. Shutenko O. O. аnd Krasokha Ya. V., 2008. Osnovy sluzhbovoi kinolohii: navchalnyi posibnyk dlia pidhotovky fakhivtsiv-kinolohiv [Fundamentals of service cynology: a textbook for training cynologists]. K.: DP "Drukarnia MVS Ukrainy".
16. International Utility Dogs Regulations (IGP) for the international Utility dog trials, international Tracking dog trial, international Companion dog trial, international Article search trials, international Endurance trial of the FCI. Available at: