Comparative assessment of heifers of Ukrainian Black-and-White and Red-and-White dairy breeds by growth, measurements and live weight gain in Chernihiv region
The state of breeding repair young cattle of dairy productivity has always been of interest to livestock specialists. This was primarily due to the fact that under optimal conditions, the phenotype of animals was formed, which approached the genetic potential of milk productivity. In today's market relations, this is of great importance for obtaining high quality products with minimal costs and lower costs. Therefore, the aim of the article was to compare the growth characteristics of animals of the two main breeds bred in Ukraine, as well as to establish the features of the formation of the exterior and milk type in repair heifers at different ages. The research was conducted in the conditions of PLAE (private leased agricultural enterprise) "Hliborob" of Ichnia district of Chernihiv region. A comparative analysis of the state of growing repair young stock of Ukrainian black-and-white and red-and-white dairy breeds was carried out by analyzing the live weight from birth to 18 months, and taking basic measurements with subsequent calculation of body structure indices. No significant difference between animals of both breeds in terms of growth was found. So at birth and at 3 months there was no difference at all. At 6 months, she weighed 3.1 kg in favor of heifers of the Ukrainian red-and-white dairy breed. At the age of 6 months, we observed some excess of the animals of the Ukrainian black-and-white dairy breed by 3.3 kg. This excess was observed in the future, and already at 18 months was 8.1 kg, but as in previous periods, it was incredible. Daily gains for this period ranged from birth to 3 months 779.4 and 778.3 g, respectively, for Ukrainian black-and-white milk and Ukrainian red-and-white milk, from 3 to 6 months 818.6 and 853.1 g , from birth to 6 months 799.0 and 815.7 g, from 6 to 12 months 807.3 and 771.9 g, from birth to 9, 12 and up to 18 months 808.8 and 801.1 and 792.1 and 782.9 g and 751.9 and 736.9 g. In all age periods, no significant difference between breeds was found. The recurrence rate of live weight at birth with live weight at 3 months in Ukrainian black-and-white dairy animals was + 0.138, at 6 months +0.134, at 12 months +0.104, at 18 months +0.105. In the first two periods it was probable (P> 0.95), then in recent periods it is improbable. Indicators of measurements and body structure indices also indicated that animals of both breeds are well developed, have a clear bias towards the formation of dairy animals.
2. Ivashkov, A.I. and Ryzhkova, L.Yu., 2006. Osobennosti rosta vysokoproduktivnykh korov. Vestnik Rossiyskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo zaochnogo universiteta [Features of the growth of highly productive cows]. Vestnik Rossiyskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo zaochnogo universiteta, issue 1(6), pp. 121-122.
3. Kuziv, M.I., 2013. Vahovyi ta liniinyi rist telyts ukrainskoi chorno-riaboi molochnoi porody v umovakh zakhidnoho rehionu Ukrainy [Weight and linear growth heifers Ukrainian black-and-white dairy cattle in the western region of Ukraine]. Visnyk Sumskoho natsionalnoho ahrarnoho universytetu, issue 1, pp. 40-43.
4. Ladyka V.I., Khmelnychyy S.L. 2017 Otsinka rostu remontnykh telyts Sumskoho vnutrishnoporodnoho typu ukrayinskoyi chorno-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody za promiramy ta pryrostamy zhyvoyi masy u vikoviy dynamitsi - Estimation of growth of repair heifers of Sumy intrabreed type of Ukrainian black-spotted dairy breed by measurements and increments of live mass in age dynamics Visnyk Sums'koho NAU. Seriya Tvarynnytstvo – Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University, series of Animal Husbandry. 5/1 (11): 3–8.
5. Lytvynenko, T. V. 2010. Vikovi zminy intensyvnosti rostu remontnykh telyts' holshtyns'koyi porody – Age changes of repair heifers growth intensity of the Holstein breed. Visnyk Sums'koho NAU. Seriya ―Tvarynnytstvo‖. Sumy – Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University, series of Animal Husbandry. Sumy, 12(18):73–75.
6. Mankovskyi, A. Ia., 2009. Molochna produktyvnist pervistok zalezhno vid zhyvoi masy telyts ta viku otelennia [Firstborn dairy productivity depending on the live weight of calves and calving age]. Naukovyi visnyk natsionalnoho universytetu bioresursiv i pryrodokorystuvannia Ukrainy, issue 138, pp. 63-68.
7. Pidpala, T.V., Yasevin, S. Ie. and Drovniak, O. V., 2011. Intensyvne vyroshchuvannia remontnoho molodniaku molochnoi khudoby. Suchasni problemy selektsii, rozvedennia ta hihiieny tvaryn [Intensive cultivation of dairy cattle repair young. Modern problems of selection, breeding and hygiene of animals]. Suchasni problemy selektsii, rozvedennia ta hihiieny tvaryn. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats VNAU, issue 11(51), pp.117-120.
8. Sklyarenko, Yu. I., 2018. Vliyanie intensivnosti razvitiya telochek na ikh dal'neyshie khozyaystvenno-poleznye priznaki [Influence of intensity development of calfs on their further economically useful features]. Nauchno-tekhnicheskiy byulleten' Instituta zhivotnovodstva Natsional'noy akademii agrarnykh nauk Ukrainy, issue 119, pp. 134-141.
9. Khmelnychyі, L. M. 2012. Otsinka rostu ta rozvytku telyts' ukrayins'koyi chervono-ryaboyi mo-lochnoyi porody za vykorystannya vahovykh ta liniynykh parametriv – Estimation of the growth and develop-ment of heifers Ukrainian Red-and-White Dairy breed using weighing and linear parameters. Visnyk Sums'koho NAU. Seriya Tvarynnytstvo – Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University, series of Animal Husbandry. issue 12 (21), рр.18–21.
10. Khmelnychyі L. M. and Loboda V. P., 2014 Kharakterystyka remontnykh telytsʹ ukrayinskoyi chervono-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody za rozvytkom zhyvoyi masy - Characteristics of repair heifers of Ukrainian red-spotted dairy breed for development of living mass. Visnyk Sums'koho NAU. Seriya Tvarynnytstvo – Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University, series of Animal Husbandry. issue 2/2 (25), рр. 3–6.
11. Khmelnychyі L. M., 2005. Otsinka ekster"yeru tvaryn v systemi selektsiyi velykoyi rohatoyi khudoby: dys. doktora sil's'kohospodars'kykh nauk : 06.02.01 Khmel'nychyy Leontiy Mykhaylovych. s. Chubyns'ke – Estimation of the exterior animals in the selection system of cattle: dissertation of the Doctor of Agricultural Sciences: 06.02.01 Khmelnychyi Leontyi Mykhailovych. v. Chubyns’ke, 430.
12. Chernyavskaya, T.A., Sklyarenko, Yu.I. and Ivankova, I.P., 2017. Vliyanie intensivnosti razvitiya remontnykh telok ukrainskoy buroy molochnoy porody na produktivnost' korov-pervotelok [The influence of the intensity of development of repair heifers of Ukrainian brown milk breed on the productivity of first-calf cows. Integration of science and practice for development of agro-industrial complex]. Sbornik statey Vserossiyskoy nauchnoy konferentsii, pp. 113-119.