THE EFFECT OF HERBAL FEED ADDITIVE ASTRAGALUS POLYSACCHARIDE ON IMMUNE REGULATION IN POULTRY
This article mainly reviews the immunomodulatory mechanism of action Astragalus polysaccharide and its effectiveness in poultry, and provides a theoretical basis for the application and research of Astragalus polysaccharide in poultry breeding. Astragalus polysaccharide this is one of the main components of Chinese traditional medicine. However in the modern time Astragalus polysaccharide it is a new type of feed additive that can replace antibiotics in animal husbandry. Taking into account the current situation in modern poultry farming with meat quality, the use of this preparation can significantly affect both the quality and the price of poultry meat. In recent years, there have been more and more studies on Astragalus polysaccharide, and some of the components and biological effects of Astragalus polysaccharide have gradually been recognized by researchers. As a natural plant feed additive, Astragalus polysaccharide can significantly promote the body's non-specific immunity and specific immunity, and improve the body's resistance without causing drug resistance and drug residues. However, there are relatively few systematic studies and related mechanisms on the application of Astragalus polysaccharide in animal production.
2. Mao Xiaofeng. Astragalus polysaccharides influence on the immune function of weaned piglets and its mechanism [D]. Beijing: China Agricultural University, 2004.
3. Jiang Chenlu, Tang Cheng, Qian Yu, et al. Research progress in immunomodulatory effects of astragalus polysaccharides［J］. Food Science, 2013, 34(11)327-332
4. Xu Qinkun, Zhao Cuiyan. Antibacterial effect of astragalus polysaccharide on the main pathogenic bacteria of chicken diarrhea[J]. Heilongjiang Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, 2013, (18): 98-99.
5. Jiang Guojun, Zhou Ganghui, Ma Qinghe, Liu Zongping. The immune enhancement effect of Astragalus and its application in the prevention and treatment of chicken diseases[J]. China National Poultry, 2005(22): 43-46.
6. Xu Lingbo. Research progress of astragalus polysaccharides in animal production[J]. Chinese Journal of Animal Husbandry, 2015,51(03):84-87.
7. Li Shuyi. The effect of astragalus polysaccharides on the immune function of mice[D]. Hebei Union University, 2014.
8. Wang Junli. Research on the effect of astragalus polysaccharides on the immune performance and production performance of broilers[D]. Yangzhou University, 2010.
9. Wang Zhixiang, Lv Mei, Qi Xin, Ding Jinghua. The effect of Astragalus extract on growth, immune organ development and antioxidant function of broilers[J]. Chinese Journal of Animal Husbandry, 2006(17): 30-31.
10. Shan Junjie, Wang Shunchun, Liu Di, Hu Zhibi. Progress in chemistry and pharmacology of astragalus polysaccharides[J]. Journal of Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2000, (03): 61-65.
11. Gao Xu, Li Lifen, Liu Binyu. Experimental study on the effects of Astragalus polysaccharides on the immune function of mice[J]. Journal of Shanxi Datong University (Natural Science Edition), 2010, 26(04): 42-44+47
12. Meng Xianrong, Li Qingzhang, Qu Qihuan, Gao Wenxue, Liu Yufen. Effects of astragalus polysaccharide and lentinan on macrophage activity and interleukin-1 in vitro viability in virulent Marek’s disease infected chickens[J]. China Veterinary Journal, 2002, (07): 33-34.
13. Zhu Yifeng, Han Shunshun, Zhang Keying, et al. Effects of Astragalus Polysaccharides on the in Vitro Proliferation of Chicken Lymphocytes and the Expression of Cytokines and Related mRNAs in Splenic Lymphocytes[J]. Journal of Sichuan Agricultural University, 2018, 36(05):109 -115.
14. Chen Hongying, Jiang Yinping, Chen Chunming, et al. Application of Astragalus Polysaccharides in Strengthening Poultry Immune Function and Antioxidant Function [J]. Guangdong Feed, 2014, 23(8): 34-36.
15. Zhao Tianzhang, Li Huiying, Wang Zhigang, et al. Effects of Astragalus Polysaccharides on Serum Immune Cytokine Contents and Small Intestinal Inducible Nitric Oxide Synthase mRNA Expression in Broilers[J]. Journal of Animal Nutrition, 2014, 26(4): 1011 -1018.
16. Shan Chunlan. Study on the effect of Astragalus polysaccharides on the immune function of the small intestinal mucosa of chicks[D]. Changchun: Jilin Agricultural University, 2016
17. Si Changde, Min Yahong. Effects of Astragalus Polysaccharides on Immune Function of Broilers[J]. Chinese Journal of Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 2008, 30(12): 978-980.
18. Ravid A, Rocker D, Machlenkin A, et al. 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3 Enhances the Susceptibility of Breast Cancer Cells to Doxorubicin-induced Oxidative Damage[J]. Cancer Research, 1999, 59(4):862.
19. Liu Xu, Tian Kexiong, Peng Canyang, et al. The immunomodulatory effect of astragalus polysaccharides and its application in animal production[J]. China Feed, 2016(22): 12-15.
20. Wang Cuiju, Wang Hongfang, Chen Hui, et al. Effects of Astragalus Polysaccharides on Antioxidant Performance and Egg Quality of Layers［J］. Journal of Animal Nutrition, 2011, 23(2): 280-284.
21. Chen Yujiao, Yu Jia, Ma Xiaodan, et al. Effects of oral administration of ginseng stem and leaf saponins and astragalus polysaccharides on the antioxidant function of chickens[J]. Journal of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine, 2016, 1: 37 ~ 40.
22. Yan H, Xie Y P, Sun S G, et al. Chemical analysis of Astragalus mongholicus polysaccharides and antioxidant activity of the polysaccharides [J]. Carbohydrate Polymers, 2010, 82(3): 636 ~ 640.
23. Lu Wei, Gu Beibei, Zhao Shasha. The effect of Astragalus polysaccharide on the transformation of puppies lymphocytes and its anti-oxidant effect [J]. Abstracts of China Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Medicine, 2015, 11 (31): 225 ~ 226.
24. Shen Yijun, Zhou Jinwei, Wang Bin, et al. The effect of astragalus polysaccharides on the antioxidant capacity of lactating dairy cows [J]. Natural Products Research and Development, 2014, 12 (2): 244 ~ 247.
25. Yue Yongbo, Yang Guohui, Du Zhenlong, et al. The effect of astragalus polysaccharides on broiler performance[J]. Northern Animal Husbandry, 2010(16):59-61.
26. Zhang Yong, Li Bing, Zhu Yujing, et al. Effects of Astragalus Polysaccharides on Growth Performance and Small Intestinal Mucosal Morphology in Broilers[J]. Journal of Shenyang Agricultural University, 2009(04):453-457.
27. Wang Cuiju, Wang Hongfang, Chen Hui, et al. Effects of Astragalus Polysaccharides on the Antioxidant Performance of Layers and Egg Quality[J]. Journal of Animal Nutrition, 2011, 23(2): 280-284.
28. Tao Hao, Wei Bingdong, Chen Qun. The effect of astragalus polysaccharides on the morphology and structure of the small intestine of broilers from 1 to 14 days of age [J]. Journal of Northeast Agricultural University, 2012, 43(003): 52-57.
29. Li S P, Zhao X J, Wang J Y. Synergy of Astragalus polysaccharides and probiotics (Lactobacillus and Bacillus cereus) on immunity and intestinal microbiota in chicks [J]. Poult Sci, 2009, 88(3): 519-525.
30. Gao Yang, Wang Hongfang, Chen Hui, et al. The effect of adding Astragalus polysaccharides in diet on immune function and intestinal flora of laying hens[J]. Journal of Animal Nutrition, 2011, 3(23): 447 ~ 451.
31. Xu Qinkun, Zhao Cuiyan. Research progress of astragalus polysaccharides in poultry [J]. Anhui Agricultural Sciences, 2011, 10: 5903 ~ 5904.
32. Liu Baoguang, Wu Hua, Xu Lina, et al. The pharmacological effects of astragalus polysaccharide and its clinical application in veterinary medicine[J]. Guangdong Feed, 2010(06): 30-32.
33. Xie Kaichun, Lin Zhaojing, Wang Mingmao, et al. The biological function of astragalus polysaccharide and its clinical application in veterinary medicine[J]. Animal and Poultry Industry, 2009, 000(012): 12-15.
34. Xie Lin, Changqing. On the development of new medicines for Chinese herbal medicines for animals[J]. Veterinary Medicine and Feed Additives, 2002, 7(011):34-36.
35. Hu Yuanliang, Liu Jiaguo, Chen Yuku, Zhang Baokang, Sun Xiangfeng, Wang Xiaotian. The effect of traditional Chinese medicine ingredients on infectious bursal bursal virus infected cells [J]. Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Medicine, 2003(12): 8-10.